Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Some try to define life by dollar signs, others by a religion. Some try to define it through relationships, and still others through their loneliness. Regardless of how you attempt to derive meaning from it, what's important is this:

Finals are finally finished! It's been a great day knowing I'm free from assigned study for the next month. No due dates. No grades. It's time to sit back and reeeelax.


Nothin' like havin' a pool by the ocean

But as you can see, however, I'm not lounging in that beach chair. And no, it's not 'cause I'm in the sailboat...although that'd be nice. I may have some freedom, but like most things, it's quite temporary.

So what have I done with my new found, temporary freedom?

I went and ran two miles.

                                     For the first time in seven months (Yeah, not one of my brighter moments, I know).

My legs aren't legs anymore. They've transformed into some kind of gelatinous material that wobbles around beneath me every time I try to stand, much less walk anywhere.

But more than that, it's important to note that this post has nothing to do with anything at all, really, except sharing my profound joy at not having to study, really study, anytime soon.

I can procrastinate, for the moment, without any immediate consequences, and I look forward to a couple of weeks of probably looking like this:


Game on

And for now, that's good enough.

Sincerely,

-Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment