Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Procrastinated...

Dear Anonymous Reader,

I hate to be formal, but for the introductory post, it feels right. Currently, I should be studying for finals. Currently, I'm actually fooling around with...well, with this thing. Observe, evaluate, and conclude (by title alone) that, like many college students, I have a terrible habit of procrastinating. I have a research paper due Tuesday (that I've known about for a couple of months now), and I've only written a paragraph...plus a couple of extra lines to make me feel good. In fact, I'm closer to writing more for this useless thing than I am for a paper that is actually worth something.

Simply put, writing about me (not to sound conceited) is more interesting (to me) than writing about why Jane Austen is still so dang good at making movies. I know me better than I know Austen (her being dead and all doesn't help much), and so I could drone on for a few pages about how well I dance (or don't) than over why the public is so enamored with an English Romantic author who has been dead for almost 200 years.

Clueless? Yeah, that's Austen.

But then again, the public's heard of Jane Austen. Mention Sean and no one has a clue (unless it's Sir Connery).

At any rate, I want to write more often (or I'd like to think I do), and I figure this is as good and modern place as any to spill a few words on to the page that might get read by someone other than myself. Maybe it'll be useful, maybe you'll giggle, or maybe I'll forget about it (and you, too) in a couple of days (like most fads) and leave it to rot in cyberspace until Google decides to get rid of the waste of space. Either way, have fun, and try not to procrastinate (even though I already have).

Sincerely,

-Sean



No comments:

Post a Comment