Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In the morning...

It's too easy to fall into the routine. 

And don't get me wrong...routines are nice. They can keep us focused, keep us directed, keep us on track. 

But when it comes to creativity...when it comes to some strange version of "originality" and spontanious creation...sometimes you just need to quietly climb out of the box and stumble into whatever's lying on the outside. 

Will you find it by taking a new route to work?

Will you find it by saying hello to someone you wouldn't normally say hello to?

Will you find it in a kiss, rather than a hug?

Will you find it in the morning, rather than in the evening after a day's work has worn everything out?

Personally, I never write in the morning. 

I sleep. I wake up. I check Facebook. I shower. I rush to work.

Unless I've had a bizarre dream, I never take the time to write in the morning, even though all the other professional writers say I should.  

But today I have, and it feels nice. 

It feels refreshing. 

And I might just give myself more time to do it tomorrow. 

Shake yourself up a bit and take a look around. 

And if you find the time, tell me what you find. 


No comments:

Post a Comment