Thursday, August 16, 2012

For Sale: Relational Monkeys

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Let's face it...I'm awesome. I mean, look at me: I've got the car, the hair, and I can play guitar.

I mean really, who wouldn't want to be me?

Right.

I was playing guitar last night...alone. So I shot up some Facebook and noticed there was an open mic going on downtown. What's better than playing guitar alone? Sitting at a bar playing guitar in front of people, heck yeah! 'Cause who wouldn't want to partake in this acoustical, melodic awesomeness?

Right.

Truth is, I'm pretty shallow. I sit at home and watch a show about cars because it's more entertaining than folding clothes (although, I guess I could fold clothes while I watch the show), and it's a heck of a lot easier than writing a story...or anything at all, really.

Painting the kitchen is a lot of work...and it's dark outside, so that's out of the question.

I'm pretty sure I'm not tired enough to sleep just yet.

Not that any of that makes me shallow...it's just a general statement followed up by my own interpretation of laziness.

Not that I'm lazy or anything. I work at a job, yo.

Aw, look at the kitty
Anyway, I've come to learn that many people are probably more prideful than they give themselves credit for. And by many, I mean me...'cause I'm the most important person in my life.

Which is bad...right?

Or wait, maybe not. How does that verse go? "Love your neighbor?"

Oh wait, that's right, it finishes up with "...as yourself."

So I've gotta know how much I love myself to know how much I should love you.

Which, I've gotta say, I love me a lot. Again, just look at my car and fancy hair. And maybe my shoes.

So if I love me that much and I'm supposed to love you that much...then I must really suck at life. I'll make sure I've got food...and wheels...and attention...and a job...and a place to sleep...and a shower...and maybe some socks...

But what about my neighbor? In fact, who is my neighbor? Or better yet...am I neighborly...regardless of who it is?

Or am I just someone that likes to talk a lot?

*reads previous paragraphs*

Ah.

Sincerely,

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment